Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Restore

• Please log in to reply

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Have been trying differing dates for a system restore but keep getting the message - the system cannot be restored to this date. Have tried off and on now for several weeks and still it will not function.

Also trying to get into safe mode to try from there but as of now cannot even do that. I hit the f8 key when windows starts to load, but after several tries this evening giving up for the night. Will attempt same tomorrow. :D

Advertisements

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Having difficulty trying to post as to where is the correct place to do so and how to accomplish. Hope I have not confused things with a double post on Geeks to Go.

PC Stats: Windows XP Home Edition, Versioon 2002, SP3
OEM disc
AMD Phenom™ IIXr 955 Processor
3.21 GHz, e.25 GB of Ram
Browser IE8
AV - Avast

Problem: System restore has never worked on this eCollegePC.com
purchased in July 2010.
Am now having bootup and logoff error messages

Am seeking to do a system restore but cannot

The Error Messages:

1-19 = disc error read
press CAD to restart

Runtime error again 1-20
This program has requested runtime to terminate in an unusual way
Contact applications support team for info.

1-21 Runtime error again

1-23 Runtime error on restart

Can advise re this problem. Am attaching OTL file

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
There are two OTL files - sending second one.

Attached Files

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
First of all I do hope this posting is not a double one as I do not want to cause the Malware team any extra work. But as a novice re PCs, after I posted my problem, I became overwhelmed and confused re all the feedback when trying to follow everyone's suggestion as to resolution of the problem. I do appreciate everyone's trying to be of assistance so assume responsibility for the position I am in right now. Will try to follow the guidelines of the Malware forum as I post my problem.

Problem:

1 - Since purchasing the PC in July 2010, have been unable to do a system restore.

2 - reason for restore was to untangle the many accounts on my hard drive caused by the use of a sync program and my external hard drive wherein I attempted to backup the new PC hard drive with the files I had on my external drive.

3 - external drive was made from an XP Pro Win version whereas my present Win version is Home Edition.

4 - tried several times to do a system restore but each attempt produced the message - "cannot restore to this date"

5 - called a tech to reinstall Win XP Home Edition

6 - now can do a System Restore from Safe Mode but can only restore 3 days ago not any other date; not helpful

My PC stats: manufacturer is eCollegePC
Win XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP3
AMD Phenon™ II X4 955 Processor
3.21 GHz 3.25 GB of Ram
Browser - IE and Blue Chrome
AV = Avast
Word Processor Prog. = MS Works
Email Program = have Outlook Express but use Thunderbird