Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Memtest86 gives lots of errors

• Please log in to reply

quartaela

quartaela

• Pip
  • 6 posts
hi friends. yesterday i pluged my friends USB Flash Memory to my pc and after nearly 10-15 seconds computer gave a blue screen error and i faced with this BSOD frequently that i can't open windows more than once. so i reformatted HDD and installed O/S again. when i plugged my own external HDD, computer gave an another blue screen error again. so i found the sevenforums.com and explained my issue. they adviced to use Memtest86 for checking my Rams because when i sent my DUMP File they warned me about a memory corruption. and finally setup the last version of Memtest86 which is on beta state. now during the test Memtest86 recognize lots of errors. i uploaded caps of test as you can see. i want to state that i am using windows 7 ultimate - 64 bit and i did this test with DUAL RAMS which uses the first and the third slots. i hope i explained my issue properly and if you want i can send my DUMP File. so is there anybody can help me please_?

http://img203.images.../memtest86.jpg/
http://img816.images...memtest862.jpg/

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
You can swap the memory modules and see if the failing location stays the same or follows the memory module, which would help to determine if the problem is with the memory or the motherboard. Most likely it is the memory, which means you need to get the memory module replaced. Some memory has a lifetime warranty, but generally that is aftermarket memory, not the memory which came with the machine.

Depending on how much memory is in the machine, you can remove the bad memory and run the machine with less memory.

quartaela

quartaela

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
ok then now i am going to use only one Ram in the first and third slot. in addition, i have bought my desktop last week and all my hardware are new so the warranty doesn't expired yet. and i have the same error means that the problem is about RAM or Motherboard_? and thanks for your help

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
If the memory location and bit error are the same, then it would most likely be the motherboard. If the memory location changes and/or the bit error changes, then it would be the memory module. Most often it is the memory module, but it is best to confirm that unless you can have both replaced.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
I've had memtest86+ report bad memory as good, but if memtest86+ finds errors, it's a good bet the RAM is bad.

Note that Windows 7 has a built in memory tester you can run to help confirm your findings,Memory Diagnostics Tool

quartaela

quartaela

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
ok friends i am now testing with one RAM which is on the first slot. so i will upload the caps of the results. and thanks for your help i hope i can fix it.

quartaela

quartaela

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
while i am testing the first ram on the first slot i take a photo an uploaded it. sorry for the hotspot (my camera is out of work with some functions). but i guess you can see and recognize the in errors and adresses. in addition, windows memory tools didn't find any error. so what should i do_?. waiting until the test finish or reboot the computer_?

http://img69.imagesh...i/img8110e.jpg/

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
BTW, I just got an email notice that a new version of MemTest86+ became available today.

http://www.memtest.org/

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
It is not required to let the test finish if you get errors.

Did you run the test with the second module only?

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Sorry, I did not see your question about letting the tester finish if errors are found. I agree, if errors are found, it serves no purpose letting the test continue.

quartaela

quartaela

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

It is not required to let the test finish if you get errors.

Did you run the test with the second module only?

no because i haven't enough time but i will test the second module tomorrow and report the results back.

quartaela

quartaela

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Sorry, I did not see your question about letting the tester finish if errors are found. I agree, if errors are found, it serves no purpose letting the test continue.

thanks friend this advice will be very helpful for taking advantage on time. : )