Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluescreen Problems T.T

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would suggest to just be safe you take a trip to the malware forum and have them go through your system good and deep to make sure there is no hidden infection playing around.
I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found here. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

Advertisements

Twithh

Twithh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
okay, but before i proceed with the malware forum, i would like to let you know that 1 min ago when i started Spyware Doctor(anti malware program made by PCTools) i got a BSOD, BAM! My PC shuts down, i think it could have something to do with the antivirus software. Atleast it's still the same Tcpip.sys that seems to be the problem according to the BSOD. Any ideas?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It could be a infection causing it but I can't assist with that as only the malware techs are allowed.
Have you tried to run the AV in Safe Mode? If it happens there then it is a safe bet there is something more then a OS or driver issue going on then.

Twithh

Twithh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Okay, i will try that, thanks for all your help related to my issue, wish you all best luck in further issue related topics:)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Oh I'm not running away yet. I'm here till you are finished with everything and we get to the bottom of this one way or another.
I just cannot assist with the malware part so I have to wait for the conclusion of that to see where we go from here. I just want to make sure we are not fighting a active infection all this time. :D

Twithh

Twithh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Attached File  BSOD.txt   1.5KB   120 downloadsgot new BSOD crash few secs ago, take a look :s new driver problem, not tcpip.sys this time.

Doing the Malware steps ATM.

Edited by Twithh, 27 January 2011 - 09:53 AM.

Twithh

Twithh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
here's the link to my Malware topic : ) http://www.geekstogo..._1#entry1961292