Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Email Client needed?

• Please log in to reply

Hollypopuk

Hollypopuk

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to give me some advice. My problem is as follows. I use Hotmail email, my partner has my email password which is fine as he often needs to access it to check paypal emails etc. Recently however he has started deleting emails before I read them and wiping them from my deleted box. Now I'm wondering if it's possible to have an email client that will download my mail and hold onto it even if he deletes it from my hotmail so I can see it. If not an external email client then maybe a server I can stream my mail through as such? I was considering Thunderbird but I'm not sure if it has that capability, or if anything does make this possible?

Any advice or opinions much appreciated. I have of course asked him NOT to delete things but it hasnt had any effect :D

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Two possible solutions:

1) Change the password and tell your partner to get his own email address.
2) log in before he does. If the mails are purged before you can download them with anything, they'll be gone regardless of what you do.

Hollypopuk

Hollypopuk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Neil,

Thanks for your reply :D If I can download them perhaps with a client that pushes the mail as it hits the server would it stay there if he say went on and deleted it half an hour later? That's what I was hoping I might be able to do.

Kindest regards,
Holly

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

Thanks for your reply :D If I can download them perhaps with a client that pushes the mail as it hits the server would it stay there if he say went on and deleted it half an hour later? That's what I was hoping I might be able to do.

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that.
A client will only be able to work with what's there at the time.