Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No post beep or video from Hp Desktop

• Please log in to reply

Steve DeVore

Steve DeVore

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
Afriend has a pair of matching HP Pavilion Desktops. one is used for Their Business and one is for home use. Both run Vista Home Premium with no sp. The Business Pc recently began shutting itself down and the owner would have to reboot. I was able to boot the machine in safe mode and run malwarebytes then tried to reboot. The machine never came up.

At times when booting the machine would give two long beeps, I removed and reseat the ram chips (one at a time and together) the beeping stops but still no video.

I removed the Hard drive from the Business desktop and placed it in the home desktop, the home desktop boots up fine with the hardrive.

can someone suggest any idea on how to repair the business desktop. does it need a new processor or mother board

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts
Hi Steve DeVore,
Do you happen to know what the system BIOS is AMI, Phoenix etc I ask because as far as I know only Mylex 386 BIOS has a two long beeps error code and it signifies "video adapter error/failure"
Do you have a known good PSU you can try as it is possible the present one is failing and causing overheating, you can also try clearing the BIOS by removing the silver CR2032 battery on the MB for a few moments to restore the MBs default factory settings, replace the battery and reset the time and date in the BIOS.

Both run Vista Home Premium with no sp.

This is not wise, not only because of the security aspects but also because of system fixes that may be included in SP1 and SP2.

Steve DeVore

Steve DeVore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
The Bios is Pheonix, I tried taking out the battery (even put in a new one) still having the same issues