Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Viruses on iPhone/Android?

• Please log in to reply

ElsimirD

ElsimirD

• Pip
  • 2 posts

with this site being a malware removal site then - and this is just a guess - there should be records from linux malware removal,
you would think that as, say (and rounded off) that 90% of home pc users run windows and 10% run linux/mac/unix then this would be reflected in the findings,

With regards to this there remains a few things to take into consideration with this kind of data and how it can be skewed.
Mac: Apple teaches its consumers to rely on Apple for customer support and many of them do which means that most/any cases of mac malware infections would be dealt with in house and Apple is unlikely to publish records of this taking place as it would damage their reputation for 'perfect security'
Linux: People who use linux generally are not your average computer user they have a much greater understanding of how to use and manage their systems and thus would be less likely to need to turn to a forum to get assistance with any problems which do occur for them.

These operating systems (UNIX) are MORE Secure but nothing is perfect.
The increased difficulty and reduced target audience (why target 1 computer when you can get 100?) leads to people not bothering to create malware for these systems more than anything else.

Advertisements

calvert

calvert

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

The increased difficulty and reduced target audience (why target 1 computer when you can get 100?) leads to people not bothering to create malware for these systems more than anything else.

this would only seem to be the case, what is not taken into account is servers, mainframes and super computers,

do you not think that if someone could infect a web server (of which, maybe upto 75% are linux, as of 2010 63% of the top million publicly accessible web servers run linux) then more damage could be done, maybe a business server as well ?

and in 2009 a third of netbooks ran linux (out of 35 million shipped globally), this is not a small usage

curious2

curious2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
How can I tell if there's spyware on my iphone 4? My ex-boyfriend commented on something that he only would have known if he saw my text messages and I have sprint so to my understanding they're not on my bill. I don't want to clean it off just yet, just want proof whether or not it's there.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
There is a free antivirus programme for android, they also make one for Ipad

I use it and it is very easy to set up

webmaster2

webmaster2

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello,
Their are some number code from which you can restore your mobile. I am not remember right now but my friend knows it. And i don't think that mobile phone have virus and all like PC...

John Michel

John Michel

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

He Customizer,

I agree with you. Linux audience is very less so I could not get suggestions from my friends and colleagues about any linux anti-malware software. 

Edited by John Michel, 13 July 2016 - 06:45 AM.

a4ndinesh

a4ndinesh

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

It may be formed due to the bad connection links of wi-fi or some other malware files defected 

Fabrianco

Fabrianco

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

I use 360 anti virus for me Android Phone. What do you think about this? Is this well enough? Please let me know.

Jaicada

Jaicada

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I can say without hesitation that android is just as vulnerable as any other o/s. I have a pretty high-end Samsung Galaxy Tab that I purchased several years ago. I never had a problem with it being slow, output outdated, or anything- till recently. I have been SEVERELY hacked! I have had so many dire things on my plate that I didn't realize that my entire Google and now fb identity has been 'hi-jacked'! I believe his point of entry was through my email. I traced him as far as my limited knowledge took me. He has purchased a domain in which he can create several different sites, originating from other countries, time zones etc. I believe I responded to an email and voila, he was in. Please advise me on an app that will allow me to view any/all types of files, including hidden. This person has destroyed my credit, put mirroring software on my Tab and has been using my identity remotely for...Well, I'm not sure how long yet.

EdwardRees

EdwardRees

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

I never meet any virus for my iOS.

I don't think it's a myth about it.

Advertisements