Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't watch movies anymore / something changed

• Please log in to reply

puremeadow

puremeadow

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I could watch movies on Netflix and Google video. Now the computer is constantly loading. It took 6 hrs to watch one movie with all the stopping and starting. I am not tech savy, Although I do have Hijack This downloaded. I could really use the help. Sorry, I don't know how to copy the log file from Hijack This to this entry.

Edited by puremeadow, 25 January 2011 - 11:24 PM.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
If you suspect some malware on your system you need to post on the malware forum. Please don't post any HJT logs here as we aren't allowed to deal with them on this forum -- only the malware experts on the malware forum are allowed to do that.

The malware forum is here: http://www.geekstogo...alware-removal/

Important - before posting to the above forum, please follow the steps on this page: http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/

Please also note that the Geeks2Go malware team no longer recommends the use of 'HijackThis'.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 26 January 2011 - 05:59 AM.

puremeadow

puremeadow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks, Have started new topic with Malware forum.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Whilst you await reply in the Malware forum, we will try some basic troubleshooting on here.
Does the computer itself boot and load Windows at the usual speed or is that also slow.
Do programs open as normal
Is it only the browser that is slow.
Has your home page on the browser been changed. in otherwords does it not go to the normal home page.
Is there adequate free space on the Hard drive.
What is your present anti-virus.

ADDITIONALLY and most importantly you have NOT followed the important advice given to you by "phillipcorcoran"
He told you BEFORE posting in Malware to follow the steps in this link
http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/
You do not appear to have done so.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 26 January 2011 - 02:31 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
looks more like background running programs interfering with your movies.
Might be worth taking a look at autoruns and msconfig startups Mac.