Unable to uninstall Memeo Backup
Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:42 AM
Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:04 AM
- Download Revo Uninstaller (free edition) from here
- Save the file to your desktop, for example C:\users\your username goes here\desktop
- Double click the file to open and install it
- Find the programs you wish to remove and double click them to begin the removal process
- Make sure you do the advanced uninstall as it removes the whole program
If you get an error when the application uninstaller runs ignore it and continue with the advanced removal as it will remove all the programs remaining files. All applications should have its own uninstall utility for easy removal.
Edited by wizzy2k5, 26 January 2011 - 10:05 AM.
Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:51 PM
Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:56 PM
Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:00 PM
- Hold the Windows orb key on your keyboard and press R
- In the run box type "msconfig" without the quotation marks and hit enter
- Locate the startup tab and untick Memeo Backup if its located in there
- Apply it but don't restart it
- Hold the Windows orb key on the keyboard and press R
- Type in regedit and hit enter
- Expand the following HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE (Under the software key delete the key called Memeo Backup if it is there)
- Expand the following HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE (Under the software key delete the key called Memeo Backup if it is there)
I would now like you to get a Malware check done as this maybe causing your problem. Please read the following topic here and then post your problem here.
Please post your problem there where our experts will be more than happy to assist you
If you are still having the same problem please return to this topic.
Edited by wizzy2k5, 26 January 2011 - 10:07 PM.
Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:24 PM
C:\Program FilesDelete Memeo Backup if its in there.
Glad I could help but if you think you still have a malicious program then also feel free to get a once over in the malware forum as per my above post.
Edited by wizzy2k5, 27 January 2011 - 09:18 AM.
Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:14 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users