Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

thunderbird client question

• Please log in to reply

brisingr

brisingr

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
If you know anything about it maybe you can answer a question. Is it possible that the client can remove emails from the source account inbox. for example i have a hotmail account. i usually go to hotmail.com to check the emails however i decided to try thunderbird. after using it for a couple weeks all the messages from my hotmail account (hotmail.com) all disapeared aside from the last few. All the messages however remained on the thunderbird client. did thunderbird do this or is hotmail eating my emails?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

If you know anything about it maybe you can answer a question. Is it possible that the client can remove emails from the source account inbox.

Yes if you tell said client to.

for example i have a hotmail account. i usually go to hotmail.com to check the emails however i decided to try thunderbird. after using it for a couple weeks all the messages from my hotmail account (hotmail.com) all disapeared aside from the last few. All the messages however remained on the thunderbird client. did thunderbird do this or is hotmail eating my emails?

You have set Thunderbird to do this. However Thunderbird, or any other client, cannot put the emails back at Hotmail because it s only only one way traffic.

brisingr

brisingr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
ahh then what was the option in thunderbird that made it delete the emails from hotmail.com? i cant figure it out. i want to keep all the emails in hotmai.