Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cursor moves on its own.

• Please log in to reply

yoda76

yoda76

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Hey all. Lately I have had some weird issues with my computer. The one that scares me though is that sometimes my mouse cursor moves without me moving the mouse. The thing is, is that it only does it only does it some times and when it moves is doesn't move much, but enough to go up, down, left, and right. The second I physically move my mouse, it stops moving on its own and I don't notice it for the rest of the day. My current mouse is a Razer Deathadder. Could this be a virus, is someone hacking me? I have run avira, malwarebytes, and ccleaner and have found nothing out of the ordinary.

I have found a lot of articles and videos that show razor mouse cursors moving on their own.

Edited by yoda76, 26 January 2011 - 03:25 PM.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
I have decided that a spec of dust, eyelash or a dog hair in the lens area can cause the mouse cursor to move a little bit on its own. And a corded mouse can be pulled by a dangling wire. I would not be concerned unless it changes directions or moves in circles, or worse yet, clicks on something.

At any rate, doing regular anti-malware scans, with current scanners, would be a wise move.