Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screens - loads of different ones

• Please log in to reply

Humza

Humza

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello,

I have recently, over the past few days had alot of bluescreens, about 2 a day. But today it was three in a row.

I have only just recently done a clean install (December). I know the problem was caused after a windows update. Im guessing it is a video card driver issue but I still need confirmation.

I have a System Info File here: http://dl.dropbox.co...866/sysinfo.txt

I just opened System Infomation and Exported it.

I also have all the dump files here: http://dl.dropbox.co...Crash Files.zip

there is only 4 crashes included, I lost the others.

Some of the codes were: BCCode: a, and one of them was 0 (I think that one was not a real code) and another was 1f or something followed by an f (the "f" one is included in the dumps).

I dont have the time to debug anything, I am going to do a clean install but I want to make sure this doesnt occur again!

-Humza

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
The STOP error you are getting (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) is almost always a driver issue. It was an error with IRQ 2, which doesn't help us because that's like the umbrella IRQ.

Looks like your video card drivers are out of date - your computer shows the latest update on 10/27/2010, but ATI's site has the most recent Catalyst display driver from 1/26/2011. It looks like your mobo drivers are also very old from mid-2008 (ethernet, SATA) so head over to NVIDIA's site to see if they have a more recent update.

NVIDIA drivers
ATI 32-bit drivers
ATI 64-bit drivers

If it started after a Windows Update, you could run System Restore to restore your computer to before the update, or use Programs and Features to uninstall the suspected update.

Edited by The Admiral, 31 January 2011 - 10:38 AM.

Humza

Humza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
System Restore didnt work, I think by the looks of it Windows Update installed an NVIDA driver when my card is ATI. And by MOBO do you mean motherboard.

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Yes, mobo = motherboard.

Did you uninstall the update that windows did? Did you install the new video card driver I linked you to?

Humza

Humza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
No! I did a clean install, I couldnt risk it anymore (I needed a clean install anyway). I'll install it now! I'm going to create a restore point, this computer has always been vunerable to hardware blue screens for some reason.

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Excellent. Good luck then! Keep those drivers up to date and don't install optional updates!

:D