Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Crashes frequently

• Please log in to reply

LiamB

LiamB

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hi, Not sure if this should be in Hardware Forum.

System crashes, goes to immediate restart cycle, no audible interruption to power or fan. Occuring more frequently last few days, 5 times today (so far!).

Have Registry Booster and AVG 2011 running. No apparent problems.

Tried to re-seat all cards and connectors by pushing on all in case H/W intermittent. No change.

Run OTL, files attached.

Can G2G help? Thanks LiamB

Attached Files

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

This is the wrong forum -- OTL logs must be posted on the malware forum because only the malware team are allowed to work on them. Post here: http://www.geekstogo...alware-removal/

But please read this Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide before posting: http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 28 January 2011 - 08:06 AM.

LiamB

LiamB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Thanks Phillip. Wasn't sure where to post the problem. BUT!.... Since I posted it, I've tracked down the "Event Log" on my system and discovered the problem relates to a missing component of "Paint Shop". Don't like this App so I've deleted it! Hope it fixes the problem. Will close this thread and wait and see. If it re-occures I'll move to the Malware forum. Thanks for the reply. LiamB

Eh........How do I close the thread ??

Edited by LiamB, 28 January 2011 - 09:34 AM.

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello LiamB

You your-self won't be able to close a thread. Only moderators, global moderators and administrators can do this. Your thread will probably be moved to the malware forum instead of being locked. If you inform a moderator or administrator then i'm sure they will be more than happy to move your thread to the malware forum.

Regards

LiamB

LiamB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Thanks. LiamB