Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojans: AIM, Backdoor, Apropop, HuntBar [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
When do you get these prompts exactly?

Regards,

Advertisements

MollyM

MollyM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
When I try to update. It will bring up a screen saying checking for updates when it will go to another screen and ask me if I want to run the active X controls. When I click yes a few things show up, but no words. Also, when I try to scan for viruses, a window pops up and I am asked if I want to run active X controls and I say yes but then the window doesn't fill in.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Does it go to a certain site to get those updates?

Maybe you should add that site to your trusted zone.

http://xtra.co.nz/he...1950186,00.html

Regards,

MollyM

MollyM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hi Pieter:

Just wanted to say it's been about a week and everything seems perfectly fine. Looks like things are all fixed. Thank you SO much for all your help. You were wonderful! ;) :tazz:

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

Please have a look at my site for some tips on how to remove and prevent spyware.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Regards,