Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hp Mini

• Please log in to reply

chucksg

chucksg

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I have a HP Mini that needs to be cleaned off and have XP reinstalled.
I copied the restore disk that came with the Mini and put in on a flash drive. The Xp install starts and runs fine until the very end when it reboots and the window splash screen come up and says "please wait". I tried this a few time and end up with the same results. Not sure what the next step is. Thanks for the help

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
How long did you wait? I've seen some of those "please wait..."-type messages take well over an hour.

chucksg

chucksg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I let it run for hours 3+. Findley pull the plug and reboot, back the way it was before I tried to reinstall.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Bad/incomplete/somehow corrupt copy maybe? Try re-copying the restore disk to your flash drive.