Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista laptop stuck in boot loop

• Please log in to reply

cbr9rrnut

cbr9rrnut

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi there,
I am new to this forum and it seems like there are some very helpful and knowledgeable people on here.

My problem goes like this:
I was fixing a laptop (Acer 5735 with WinVistaHomeBasic) for a friend and when I inspected it said there was no boot device.
I investigated this and found that the HDD was knackered.
So then I took a HDD which was booting windows perfectly on the laptop I borrowed it from and put it into the Acer I was attempting to repair.
At first windows seemed to boot fine but then there was a blue screen error and the system restarted in an instant and this continued in a loop.
Now what is even stranger is that I put this working donor HDD back into the original laptop and Windows Vista booted up fine.
This is where I need help. It seems that there is an issue on the motherboard or BIOS itself. Has anyone seen this happen before and is there anything that can be done to fix it???

Advertisements

cbr9rrnut

cbr9rrnut

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Isn't there anyone who can help???