Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bad image errors

• Please log in to reply

Chris050488

Chris050488

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone,

I have spent the last couple days reading up on these bad image.exe errors many people have had, but have not been able to solve my problem, so I figured I needed some tech help!

Almost every program I open I get the error message "iexplore.exe - Bad Image" C:\PROGRA~1\BEARSH~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\IEBHO.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the orgiginal installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.I have tried the Command Prompt sfc /scan now and Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

I always get the same message, the only thing that changes is "iexplore.exe, mspaint.exe, itunes.exe," whatever the program is I am trying to open.

I have tried the Command Prompt sfc /scannow and Windows did not find any integrity violations.
I have also installed AVG PC Tune Up 2011 and paid for the software and ran every program they had and this did not help.

Can someone please help me? I am hoping this can be a simple fix as I am not very technically handy, any help is gratly appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello

The most likely source of your problem is "iexplore.exe - Bad Image" C:\PROGRA~1\BEARSH~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\IEBHO.dll iexplore.exe is related to internet explorer and the file path C:\PROGRA~1\BEARSH~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\IEBHO.dll is relating to Bearshare. Please note that Geeks To Go do not allow the discussion of P2P programs which is what bearshare is however I can advise on the error and the removal of Bearshare. Here is what you should try first.

• Download Revo Uninstaller (free edition) from here
  • Save the file to your desktop, for example C:\users\your username goes here\desktop
  • Double click the file to open and install it
  • Find the programs you wish to remove and double click them to begin the removal process (you want bearshare and remove everything, program, toolbars the lot)
  • Make sure you do the advanced uninstall as it removes the whole program

Next you should download and install the new internet explorer. Internet Explorer can be found here Please note this is the newest version of Internet Explorer.

Regards

Edited by wizzy2k5, 28 January 2011 - 04:24 PM.