Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setting up a household WDS?

• Please log in to reply

Anna6642

Anna6642

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok here are the facts...

- I have a Netgear Rangemax Dual Band Wireless Router DGND3300v2
This router is plugged in to the PC downstairs, its working fine as you can see. I'm on the internet asking this question.

- I also have a Netgear Wireless Router WNR2000v2
This is upstairs, this router is supposed to be the repeater or bridge, whatever you want to call it.

There are 2 computers upstairs and we have 2 laptops around the house. None of these have internet only this computer thats directly connected to the router.

I'm not exactly sure what steps my boyfriend has already tried but he spent a lot of time pulling his hair out last night.

Does anyone know anything about setting this up correctly??

We're starting again so a step by step or just any common errors he might have missed??

Thanks

Advertisements

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
I would start out by configuring the Rangemax to work with your computers connected directly to it and then configure wireless on it and add the other access point if needed. Does the computer that you use to connect now have wireless capability? If so, start by getting that to work with the wireless. You may need to turn on the wireless function on the Rangemax for this to work. Sometimes it's off by default.
If the computer doesn't have wireless capabillty, pick one that does and get it to work as wired first and then tackle the wireless part. I've seen a good guide here before. Will look and post back.

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Here's the link to what I think is your manual. You may need to copy and paste into your browser.
ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/DGND3300v2_UM_14Oct10.pdf

Here's a generic video from Netgear.
http://kb.netgear.co...tail/a_id/12873

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Aha!
http://www.geekstogo...erfile-sharing/