Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Multi-screen Operation

• Please log in to reply

thailen

thailen

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
I have some recorded material on VLC and am transferring that info to Open Office(a clone of Word).
I have no trouble putting both programs on the same screen simultaneously, but when I try to control the VLC by starting and stopping it, the Open Office screen disappears(minimizes). Is there any way to keep that OO screen on while manipulating VLC?

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
You need to make sure that neither of the two windows are 'maximised', then using the mouse, resize both windows to a smaller size so that both will fit on the screen side by side and not overlapping.

If one or both windows is set to 'maximised', one of them will automatically disappear to the taskbar when you do anything in the other one.
The trick is to set both windows up by resizing them side by side before you try to use them, then they will both stay on the screen to be used together.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 29 January 2011 - 07:46 AM.