Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

graphic card

• Please log in to reply

TZB

TZB

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
can anyone reccomend me a good graphic card suitable for blackops with no lag at all

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Blackops (Call of Duty 7) is listed as requiring either a GeForce GTS 240 or Radeon HD 3870 or higher.

What do you have at the moment, and what is your computer make and model?

ZaRMan

ZaRMan

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
Black Ops really doesn't require a high-end GPU, I'm sure you can find a suitable, moderately priced one. I recommend checking this site out http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

TZB

TZB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
CPU
Minimum: Intel® Core™2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 or better
You Have: Intel® Core™ i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz
PASS

RAM
Minimum: 2 GB
You Have: 1.9 GB
Upgrade Suggested: Unfortunately, your RAM does not meet this requirement. Click here to see some recommendations.

OS
Minimum: Windows® Vista / XP / 7
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
PASS

Video Card
Minimum: Shader 3.0 or better 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600GT / ATI Radeon® X1950Pro or better
You Have: Intel® HD Graphics
Upgrade Suggested: Unfortunately, your Video Card does not meet this requirement. Click here to see some recommendations.
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Video RAM 256 MB 775.5 MB
Hardware T&L Yes Yes
Pixel Shader version 3.0 4.0
Vertex Shader version 3.0 4.0

Free Disk Space
Minimum: 12 GB
You Have: 443.8 GB
PASS

this is what i get and i run Intel® HD Graphics

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
do you have a laptop or desktop? If you have a desktop then there are a number of video cards that you can get, depending on budget. Top go to card for recommendations is the nvidia 460. It has recently dropped in price.

1: config file location
You'll find the config file in your Steam folder (by default "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam”) inside the “steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players” folder

2: Video Card settings
Open the config_mp.cfg up in Wordpad and scroll down until you find the line:

* seta r_multiGpu “1”

Change the “1” to “0”.

IF, and only if you only have one video card. If you have multiple video cards (SLI mode), setting it to 0 will reduce performance.

3: CPU Settings
Directly underneath it you'll find:

* seta r_multithreaded_device “0”

Change the “0” to “1”.

Again, this is if, and only if you have a multi-core CPU.

4: Network
The main value you need to mess around with is cl_maxpackets, which you should try setting to “100” to see if it makes any difference.

TZB

TZB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
i run destop

i am from singapore
and my budget is around 70

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well, the best I can recommend on your budget would be an ati 4870 or possibly an nvidia 9800 (if you can find it). Best bet would be to save your money. For about twice your budget you can get something much better, like an amd 5770 or nvidia 460. Mostly, at least in the usa, your budget keeps you in the same class of video card you have now.