Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Blue Screen: Fatal System Error

• Please log in to reply

cereberus

cereberus

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello,

My Windows XP laptop has been having major virus problems over the last couple of months, so I've been running it on Safe Mode with Networking until I can afford to replace it. Last night, I ran Malwarebytes' Antimalware and Spybot - Search and Destroy scans, both of which asked me to restart my computer to complete the removal process. When I tried to do this, the laptop led me to the Windows XP loading screen, but then went to the blue screen and gave me the following message:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process System process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

I've tried restarting several times since, even using Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Networking, but get the same message every time. I appear to have exhausted all options at this stage, and cannot seem to find a way to use my computer.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

Advertisements