Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Please help! My WD 500gb Sata Hard drive is not detected by my com

• Please log in to reply

LimpingB41t

LimpingB41t

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello members. My internal WD hardware is not detected by my computer(ACCER). When I boot my computer,it loads and asks me "Insert disk to boot from CD" and it hangs. And I went to bios too and it did not detect it either. It detect other hard drives.
Things I have tried:
(0)Checked whether it is plugged in correctly.
(1)Connected the hard drive to another computer and it only worked once.After I restarted it the Hard drive is not detected and my OS dose not load.
Why I believe that it is not a problem of my original computer?
I plugged in another Hard drive and it worked unlike the WD hardware.
Why I believe that the WD hard drive is not dead?
Because it worked on my other computer which had an OS installed but as I said, after I restarted, the my computer dose not load unless I unplug the WD hard drive and reboot again.

Please help me fix this problem and it would be really appreciative and I need to fix the problem Urgently because I have 430GB of programs and documents in it.

PS: I am looking for a mentor.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts
I hope you realize that ALL hard drives will die. They are mechnical beasts, with moving parts. Moving parts cause wear. And when they're worn enough, they will never again be able to perform their required task.

If you 'gotta have' your data though, even if the drive is worn out, more often than not Ontrack can recover it: http://www.ontrack.com (Note: It can get expen$ive).

--

Tip: If you value your data, back it up.

LimpingB41t

LimpingB41t

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I hope you realize that ALL hard drives will die. They are mechnical beasts, with moving parts. Moving parts cause wear. And when they're worn enough, they will never again be able to perform their required task.

If you 'gotta have' your data though, even if the drive is worn out, more often than not Ontrack can recover it: http://www.ontrack.com (Note: It can get expen$ive).

--

Tip: If you value your data, back it up.

Hey, I just set the CMOS and advance bios future/BOOT Priority to the hard disk. Now it is detected but when it loads it is very slow and now it is stuck at "Loading windows" Logo. (Windows 7) Now that I cant login is there a way I can run chkdisk /r like pressing a key like f8?

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
CheckDisk (chkdsk.exe) can only find & fix file-system errors, it won't tell you if the drive is beginning to fail.
You need to test the drive with Western Digital's own diagnostic software which runs from a bootable CD (so it doesn't need Windows).

Get it here: http://support.wdc.c...&sid=30&lang=en

Use burning software to create a CD from the downloaded ISO file, then boot your PC from it.