Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

add/remove programs

• Please log in to reply

edmo60

edmo60

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello all,
Excuse my ignorance but is it possible to retrieve a program I deleted through add/remove programs?
I lost a very important video in a software that came with a digital camera. The software is "PHOTOfunSTUDIO HD edition" from Panasonic.
I attempted a system restore but for some reason my computer will not restore to a date prior to the deletion.
Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Once you've uninstalled some software, the only way to bring it back is to re-install it from the CD or whatever you used to install it earlier.

Panasonic apparently only has updates for it's PhotoFunStudio software, which means you must have an earlier version already installed (as supplied with the camera): http://panasonic.jp/...load/index.html

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts
Recuva
http://www.piriform.com/recuva

edmo60

edmo60

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanks guys. The Recuva is pretty slick although my file is gone forever, it's amazing how much other stuff is recoverable.
Thanks again.

Edited by edmo60, 30 January 2011 - 12:54 PM.

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Please be aware that Recuva is only a data recovery program and it will not bring back any programs that has been deleted through add/remove programs. Files which come with programs are all over the place (Program Files the Registry etc...) Phillipcorcoran is correct and you will need the CD which came with the digital camera. You can try and contact Panasonic to see if they will send you another disc but you may need to pay for it if this is the only option. As phillipcorcoran has already mentioned Panasonic does have an update but it will require the original software installed. You can try to use it but it will probably ask for the original disc to be inserted which means the CD from your digital camera.

Regards

Edited by wizzy2k5, 30 January 2011 - 02:00 PM.

edmo60

edmo60

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanks wizzy,
I do have the disc but that in itself will not help my situation right? The video is gone?

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
I was going on about the 1st post you made in regards to bringing the software back thats all but should Recuva fail another one you can try is PC Inspecter File Recovery