Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LCD problem ASUS W7 Series Nvidia geforce go 7400

• Please log in to reply

PlantBased

PlantBased

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,
I have an ASUS W7 with a screen who turned white with strips.(as seen on picture)http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/#
I've plugged it to an external monitor and it shows a black screen with dollars symbols on it.(as picture)http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/#
What does it mean and what can I do to make it work again. If anyone knows about it I would be sooo happy, because my brain is smoking trying to find a solution. Either to repair the Asus or at least to make it works with the monitor ViewSonic Ultrabrite E70fx.
Thanks to all for your help.

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_0234.JPG
  • SAM_0236.JPG

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Repaired a similar looking problem on a Lenovo about a year ago by replacing the motherboard. Still working great.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Yeah, it appears your graphic solution is toast and with notebooks, that generally means a new motherboard. Does it do this as soon as you turn it on? Or can you boot into the BIOS setup menu or perhaps Safe Mode? If you can boot into Safe Mode, you might be able to re-install the drivers, but I fear it is the motherboard.

PlantBased

PlantBased

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Edited by PlantBased, 30 January 2011 - 03:35 PM.

PlantBased

PlantBased

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
-

Edited by PlantBased, 30 January 2011 - 03:35 PM.

PlantBased

PlantBased

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Repaired a similar looking problem on a Lenovo about a year ago by replacing the motherboard. Still working great.

Have you been able to replace it yourself ? Do you think I can do it myself ?

PlantBased

PlantBased

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Yeah, it appears your graphic solution is toast and with notebooks, that generally means a new motherboard. Does it do this as soon as you turn it on? Or can you boot into the BIOS setup menu or perhaps Safe Mode? If you can boot into Safe Mode, you might be able to re-install the drivers, but I fear it is the motherboard.

Hi,
No I can't access the BIOS because it does it as soon as I turn the power on.
So you think it is the motherboard ? What can I do to repair it myself ? and which motherboard do I have to buy ?
I really want this notebook healed and happy in my desk :-(

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
It is not likely you can repair the motherboard unless you have access the service manuals and can understand them. If you can find the exact replacement motherboard you might be able to replace it - if you feel that technically capable.

PlantBased

PlantBased

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

It is not likely you can repair the motherboard unless you have access the service manuals and can understand them. If you can find the exact replacement motherboard you might be able to replace it - if you feel that technically capable.

I will try to get the service manual and I will get the specs of my motherboard and find the same, and then I will try to fix it myself. I'll keep you updated. Thanks a lot for your expertise guyz. :D
PS : If you guyz think of something else, just let me know. Cheers