Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dell Inspiron 6400 motherboard version

• Please log in to reply

jonc22

jonc22

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I stupidly bought a cheap charger of ebay that after a few hours of charging my laptop it ended up blowing while still plugged into my laptop. My laptop still works but it will not charge at all I've tried 3 different charges and still no joy. I no its not the battery as if I tuck it out and just left the charger in the laptop wouldn't turn on at all. I tuck it to some little corner shop but after 3 weeks of nothing i rang them and they said they can't fix it. So I was wondering how do you find out which version Inspiron 6400 motherboard I have with out taking the whole find apart. The laptop is out of warranty so I need to replace the board my self

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
I would take it to another, this time reputable shop. While it could be the motherboard, it could just be a fusible link in the charging circuit that needs to be replaced.

jonc22

jonc22

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I live in the middle of nowhere mate so there nothing like that unless I send it off somewhere

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
Well, I wish I had more to offer. Sorry. Certainly Google is your friend. If you enter Inspiron 6400 motherboard, you will get many hits, including this one: http://www.parts-peo...on=item&id=3438

It might be more cost effective in the long run to buy a new notebook.