Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox / Hotmail auto connect to server.

• Please log in to reply

Thickasabrick.

Thickasabrick.

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone. First post so be gentle and read my user name , it speaks millions,lol. ;)
Ok here we go and sorry if i have posted this in the wrong section.
I am using a new computer (acer veriton M series))and have only been running win7 for 2 weeks so i am still trying to find my way around !!.
After around a week or so i got a pop up window saying 'Acer has set your computer to automatically connect firefox and hotmail to the internet'.
At the time i thought ,ok thats cool. But........

How or where do i find the settings options so i can uncheck auto connect firefox/hotmail. I kinda remember seeing the check boxes on the window that popped up but i cant find it.
Sometimes my router dosnt connect to my server so i have to pull the plug. Therefore when i know i have a connection i then open my browser/mail. But now as you will have guessed Mr/Mrs Computer tries to connect even tho the plug is pulled !!.

All i want to do is open firefox/hotmail when i want to and not be controlled by computer :D .

Hopefully my technical wording makes sense and i look forward to some help from you guys/gals.

Oh yes,keep it simple please ;)

keith.

Advertisements