Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

black screen/no system restore tab

• Please log in to reply

my3lilqtpies

my3lilqtpies

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Good afternoon,
I have an acer travelmate 2450 and im running xp home edition.
A few weeks back my acer starting acting up. When i would turn it on %40 of the time i would get a black screen. The system would turn on fine,and i had no errors.The other %60 of the time it would bring me to the white acer screen and tell me to press f2. I did that,but because im not so fimular with pc's i really didnt know what to do. Now more frequently its happening &80 of the time and working %20 of the time.
Yesterday when i finally got it working again i was going to do a system restore and it told me "system restore has been turned off by group policy and contact my domain administrator"
I did some research and it told me me run regidt and Navigate to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ SystemRestore
When doing this there is no key that exists!
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
HKEY_CURRENT_USER
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
HKEY_USERS
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG
Because im not comfortable enough to play around with the regestry i didnt want to go futher until i got some advice.
Ive done a virus scan and the system is clean.
Any information would be so helpful,and if any information is needed from me let me know.

Kindest Regards

Advertisements