Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

acrobat reader

• Please log in to reply

momend

momend

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi, new to site but did see it mentioned before. i went to print a crossword puzzle from a sunday newspaper online and message came up <cannot open acrobat reader>. the same day i tried to link to product specifications at a couple of different websites and computer would freeze up. i went to update adobe and while installing message says < adobe acrobat 8.2 needed to be closed to finish install> cannot even find it on the computer except in add/remove programs, click remove and windows installer comes up, then says <this patch package cannot be opened. verify patch package exists and that you can access it or contact application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer patch. last week i worked with the avast forum to get rid of a virus and he had me install a few things after i was cleaned up. uninstalled all java and then downloaded new upgrade. installed file hippo to check for updates. (did say need to update adobe) i can go back to avast forum to get a list of everything if needed. don't know if it has anything to do with that. i have never had a problem with adobe before. i am thinking it may be related to the windows installer? i just don't know enough. thanks for any help.

Advertisements

Disruption

Disruption

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
This is an odd predicament. Have you tried to boot into Safe Mode With Networking and try installing Adobe Acrobat?

To Boot Into Safe Mode With Networking:

-Restart Computer
-Rapidly Tap F8
- Select "Safe Mode With Networking"

Kind Regards,
Disruption

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts
If that doesn't work, you might try Foxit Reader:
http://www.foxitsoft...ader/addons.php

momend

momend

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i downloaded foxit reader and it all seems fine. i cannot take acrobat 8.2 out, won't let me per original message. next i will try to get my sound back. (unfortunately the snow removal is taking up a lot of my time!) will be back, thanks, maggie

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts
You're welcome. :D