Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

0xc0000005

• Please log in to reply

tmcrackan

tmcrackan

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok here is a dilly of a pickle. I run windows XP home, and about every ten minutes or so a that says "vpvlmr.exe: The application failed ot initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application" I click on OK and it goes away. However, when I try to open some programs (such as iTUNES, a program for a class of mine, an anti-adware program, etc.)the same message come up but with the appropraite application in place of vpvlmr.exe. My net browser is Mozilla and flash no longer works. I ahve tried to reload it, but to no avail. I AM DESPERATE!!!!!! The problem first arose, I think, after I downloaded a windows update (hotfix if you will). THanks for your help
Teddy

Advertisements

nestorey

nestorey

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
have/can you run a anti-virus program? try starting your comp in safe mode (F8 during start-up) and tun your anti-spyware program.

tmcrackan

tmcrackan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have run an anti-spyware, but not in safe mode. My anti-virus program is not wokring b/c of this problem. ANy suggestions? Thanks

nestorey

nestorey

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
have you run the anti-virus in safe mode? if not do so.

tmcrackan

tmcrackan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
my anti-virus program (norton 2002) isn't working even in safe mode. Any sugestions about this. I ran my anti-spyware program in safe mode and the problem still persists. (by the way I have tried a system restore and it did not work)

nestorey

nestorey

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
can you access the internet? if so download avg anti-virus from downloads.com. install it in safe mode and run it in safe mode. also download hijackthis! from the same site. create a hijacklog and post it on the hijack forum of this site. let me know what happens with the virus.

ultra_classic

ultra_classic

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Ok here is a dilly of a pickle.  I run windows XP home, and about every ten minutes or so a that says "vpvlmr.exe:  The application failed ot initialize properly (0xc0000005).  Click on OK to terminate the application"  I click on OK and it goes away.  However, when I try to open some programs (such as iTUNES, a program for a class of mine, an anti-adware program, etc.)the same message come up but with the appropraite application in place of vpvlmr.exe.  My net browser is Mozilla and flash no longer works.  I ahve tried to reload it, but to no avail.  I AM DESPERATE!!!!!!  The problem first arose, I think, after I downloaded a windows update (hotfix if you will).  THanks for your help
Teddy

View Post

Greetings Teddy,
If the only thing you did was download a 'HotFix" then I would suggest the easiest way out for you at his point would be a 'System Restore'. Put the registry back to a date prior to the 'hotfix'.
Best of luck,
ultra_classic :tazz: