Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Republic Commando back catalog launcher problems

• Please log in to reply

SWFAN

SWFAN

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently bought star wars republic commando for the pc and when i tried to install it a message keeps popping up that says "Star Wars Back Catalog Launcher has stopped working". I was able to install the game, but it wont open at all. Is Vista the problem? or is it just me?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Try to run the game directly (not from the launcher). Enter the folder where the game was installed to (c:\Program Files\LucasArts...) and find the SWRepublicCommando file (it should be in GameData\SSE folder). Right click on the file and select "run as administrator".

If that doesn't work, then try this: To fix this problem you must run the game with the compatibility mode enabled for Windows XP SP2 or above.
To do this, right-click on the icon for the game and select properties from the menu. Then select the compatibility tab and tick the box saying 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:', and select Windows XP (Service Pack 2) from the list. Press OK and your game should run successfully.