Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 - Text to speeh voice skips first two words of each sentence

• Please log in to reply

mike997765

mike997765

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Help

Windows 7
- Text to speech voice skips first two words of each sentence.
I looked at the settings in the control panel >> speech properties.
Under user settings, there is a option "Number of spaces to insert after punctuation"
with the option to select 1 or 2.
When I select 1, The TTS reader skis the first word af each sentence.
When I select 2, The TTS reader skips the first 2 words of each sentence.

I don't see a 0 option, or how to not skip words.
Please help

I have attached a screen shot of Speech Properties window.

TTS.jpg

Thanks in advance
Mike

Advertisements

mike997765

mike997765

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I used CLC clickspeak with firefox on my old XP PC. Clickspeak worked fine. I built a new PC with Window 7, and had problems getting clickspeak to work with firefox. I installed many different version of firefox, but still had the same problem, the TTS voice would skip the first two words of each sentence.
I have found that if I open the Simple Dictation Pad, found in the Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1; Clickspeak woks fine.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong? Is Microsoft speech 5.1 compatible with Windows 7 64 bit OS?
Am I the only one who is having problems getting Clickspeak to work with Firefox, with Windows 7 64 bit?