Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer is configed, but device isnt responding

• Please log in to reply

KaarnaNyx

KaarnaNyx

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi. Occasionally when I use my laptop at work, I get this problem found message "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not responding." It does not do this on my wifi at home just the one here at work. I am having to use works computer right now to post this because as you can tell I have no internet access on my laptop. I've tried restarting the computer twice and running a virus scan now. It has done this to me once before but before I could freak out it came back. Now its not coming back. Please help.

Advertisements

chemicalbrother

chemicalbrother

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
This is just for www.microsoft.com ? If you have no access to work wifi, this is because work is running policies to block other unknown wireless devices, you would have to have a word with the IT guy and ask him to allow your laptop on there network