Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer won't boot or displays blue screen

• Please log in to reply

andressa

andressa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hey there! Sorry, I've been away for a while but now I was working on that computer again and same problem.
At first, with the NB fan unplugged, I ran it for hours and fixed the software problem that was causing the blue screen, did some updating, started and restarted many times and during the whole time I was monitoring the temperature and the highest it went to was 49.00Cº. Then, I turned it off, disconnected all power, grounded myself and re-attached the NB fan to see it it would cause a problem. It did. Didnt turn on, no beep, the same thing that was happening before. I had to disconnect and wait hours so it would work again. Screen was all black at first, then after a while off it would just hang when starting.
I re-seated all cards, checked all connections and it's squeaky-clean inside as you told me.
I'm not sure what to do and I'm afraid that if I find a work-around for this issue, that maybe it could cause real damage.
Any thoughts?
Regards,

Andressa

Advertisements