Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Start-up Volume and RDC

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. Here's a little background info. I have the 1st gen. aluminum iMac which I've partitioned and installed XP onto one of the volumes. It's easy to choose between the 2. I just hit option (alt) just after powering up to choose which volume to boot. Next, I've recently purchased a Macbook Pro (gen 6.1, :D it!) and have been remotely accessing my iMac from my Macbook.I have no problem accessing the mac side of the iMac (and restarting, reconnecting, etc). And from there when I want to get into windows remotely, I just go back System Prefs and choose the windows volume as the startup disk then restart and it starts up in windows and I connect via microsoft remote desktop connection (RDC). My problem is that I can't figure out how to (when in windows-controlling remotely from Macbook) change the startup volume back to the mac and reboot it so I can re-remotely connect on the mac volume. Is there a command that I can use or anything I can do to
1: select mac volume as startup disk
2: restart from windows (so when I restart it goes back to mac assuming I've been informed of how to choose the mac volume for startup) --because it only has the option to shutdown, not to restart in RDC?

Edited by Mira, 31 January 2011 - 05:56 PM.