Compaq Presario 2100 Notebook, Home Edition (2004)
The computer quit working correctly. When it starts now, it simply brings up a message that reads:
Press "ESC" to escape, or press F2 to boot from LAN"
That message disappears quickly and then the screen is blank.
* Pressing "ESC" doesn't do anything. The screen remains blank.
* Pressing F2 doesn't do anything. The screen remains blank.
Computer activity prior to problem:
A CD containing 3 single-page text files had been inserted into the CD/ROM drive. The computer was able to access the files from the CD without any trouble. Then, the CD was removed and the computer was ignored for awhile, which brought up the screensaver. When the mouse was used to make the screensaver disappear and return the computer to Windows, the only thing that came up was a blank screen.
Things that have been tried to solve the problem:
* Hitting CTRL+ALT+DEL twice to turn the computer off and then bring it back up (nothing changed).
* Using the power button to turn the computer off and then back on (nothing changed).
* Turning the computer off, unplugging it from the power source, disconnecting all devices and then reconnecting them, and then turning the computer back on (nothing changed).
* Turning the computer on and holding down F8 to try to bring up an options menu as the computer attempted to come up (didn't work).
Help! What else can I do? How can I reboot this computer? How do I get to an options menu?
Thank you so much for your help!