Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen big red words anit not working

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

waynegr

waynegr

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Hi there,

As I said, when I booted this morning had blue screen and big red words with you computer is infected, all was working fine yesterday, and I rad both mal programs for a clean up. Kapasky would not run, no ad, or spybot. Internet seems to be working fine, other than the odd pop up from this thing. If I get help in the meantime, just like to say I will not be back untill 18.00 gmt to do what you say, thx in advance, hold on nearly forgot, windows outlook express mail will not open as of this.

Back now, and just tried too run these two but no luck, the virus is telling me I cant, exehelper rkill.

And my computer is turning itself off and back on every half an hour, I think its windows doing this to help, but not sure.

Just started in safemode ad, spy and kas now working and I am runing the three of them, report back in about half hour.

Wayne

Edited by waynegr, 01 February 2011 - 03:44 PM.

Advertisements

waynegr

waynegr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Ran ad and spy in safemod, got rid of all they found, booted into normal mod, but still fully infected, now back in safemod doing a full kap scan, its taking hours, and not sure this can get rid of this virus.

Wayne

waynegr

waynegr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Hi there,

When I started after safemod in normal mod, I noticed last time that the virus took a few seconds to take over, so this time I started Kapersky immediately with a full scan it found something, and said to quarantine it I have done so, and now my computer seems back to normal, maybe a little slower, but full scan is running. But what should I do now, as it said I could delete it, but best to quarantine.

Wayne

mitch8

mitch8

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,356 posts
Hello waynegr, and welcome to GeeksToGo! My name is Mitch8 and I will be helping you with your problem. Here are a few things I would like to point out:
  • Please post your logs, don't attach them unless stated.
  • Please read my posts carefully and if you have any questions ask.
  • Stay with this topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Malware can still be on your system even if you don't notice it.

Download OTL to your Desktop
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic

Next,

Download GMER from Here. Note the file's name and save it to your root folder, such as C:\.
  • Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
  • Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with this file.
  • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.
  • Double-click on the downloaded file to start the program. (If running Vista, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator")
  • Allow the driver to load if asked.
  • You may be prompted to scan immediately if it detects rootkit activity.
  • If you are prompted to scan your system click "No", save the log and post back the results.
  • If not prompted, click the "Rootkit/Malware" tab.
  • On the right-side, all items to be scanned should be checked by default except for "Show All". Leave that box unchecked.
  • Select all drives that are connected to your system to be scanned.
  • Click the Scan button to begin. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete)
  • When the scan is finished, click Save to save the scan results to your Desktop.
  • Save the file as Results.log and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.
  • Exit the program and re-enable all active protection when done.

waynegr

waynegr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Hi there Mitch8, and thx for your help.

As I am with and have Kaspersky, they have started helpling me, should I still follow your advice and do what you say, or just do what Kasp ask ???

Wayne

mitch8

mitch8

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,356 posts
Hi,

It would be best to stick with kaspersky. Frankly it would be a waste of time to get help from two different people. Thanks for letting me know.

Mitch

waynegr

waynegr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Ok, thx for you time.

Wayne

mitch8

mitch8

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,356 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :D

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.