Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Loads of system process error message Pop ups, please help!

• Please log in to reply

sere83

sere83

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hi Guys,

Having major issues with my mums acer laptop. Any help hugely appreciated as i've never seen anything like this.

Spec:

Acer Travelmate 5720
15.4 Inch display
Core 2 Duo T7300
2GB DDR2 Ram
160 HDD
Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate

One day totally out out of the blue she started to get loads of pop up error messages. I had done a clean windows 7 install to replace vista about 6 monthes ago and all has been completely fine until now. They come totally at random, often at start up, or when opening things. I already tried a few fixes for specific ones I read about, like uninstalling photoshop & FFDshow but made no difference.

Here are what the error messages say....

igfxsrvc module has stopped working

COM surrogate has stopped working

dllhost.exe - application error
The instruction at 0x76d34775 referenced memory at 0x5658a80c. The memory could not be written. Click OK to terminate
program

Wuauclt.exe - applicatiion error
The instruction at 0x77b84775 referenced memory at 0x5637c65c. The memory could not be written. Click OK to terminate
program

Windows shell common DLL has stopped working

Windows update has stopped working

rundll32.exe - appliction error
The instruction at 0x779b4775 referenced memory at 0x564eae4c. The memory could not be written
click on OK to terminate the program

So many of them saying different stuff it's hard to know where to start! Repair installation perhaps?

Edited by sere83, 01 February 2011 - 07:38 AM.

Advertisements

sere83

sere83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Thank for the reply

Ran both, seem to find pretty much nothing apart from some tracking cookies. I'ts quite secure, usually run avast and comodo firewall and my mum never visits any dodgy sites or even downloads much at all. Pop ups still coming. Any other ideas?

Edited by sere83, 02 February 2011 - 10:43 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Tutorial for running chkdsk in Win 7 located HERE.