Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A and D drive Issues

• Please log in to reply

gimpyphoneguy

gimpyphoneguy

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Good morning "geeks",
Here's my issue........ Just over a month ago, I got hit by one of those "spy ware" pop ups that caused some issues with my computer. First issue was my mouse stopped responding which I managed to resolve by installing a new mouse, clearing out the old mouse suite files and drivers, and reinstalling them from the manufacturer.
I have also discovered that when I plug in my portable A drive (3 1/2" floppy) and then try to access it, the screen in "my computer" is blank, and when I open the task manager, it shows that "my computer" is not responding. The same thing also happens if I drop a disk into my "D" drive, yet, if I access my "D" drive through my computer, then drop in a disk, it works just fine.
Any ideas?
Your input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hi gimpyphoneguy :D
If you suspect your system may have a malware issue I suggest you check out the self help guide at the malware forum http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/ if after following the guide you believe your system may still be infected you need to start a new topic there and not post any malware logs on this forum as they are not used here, provide them with a link to this thread to show them what if any steps have been taken. Once you get the all clear from the malware guys if the issue is not resolved return here and someone will assist you.

gimpyphoneguy

gimpyphoneguy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks for your feedback. I've ran Hijack and Mbam and still have the same issues.