Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Update install problem

• Please log in to reply

GeorgeCrawford

GeorgeCrawford

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So this all started with me trying to download sony vegas 10 pro, unfortunately I had gotten a 1603 error code and was told to use this

http://cid-27e6a35d1...eanup^_tool.zip

to fix it. So I ran it, and then I began running into problems. The computer was prompting me to update it with several things and I tried but they weren't succesfully installed.

This is what it told me

The following up dates were not installed
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86 (KB979909)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982168)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2418241)
Security Update for .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB983583)
Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 x86 (KB963707)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB2416473)

After this when I try to download sony vegas i get this message.

The following components are required by this software.
microsoft wmf 11 redist for mtp windows media audio and video support
So I go to install it and it says requirements not met.

The strange thing I downloaded sony vegas 9 pro before all this without a problem. Now I cant even do that, I know I meet the requirements, or did.

So im feeling a bit distraught... can anyone help me out here? Tell me anything you need to know. Im not so much worried or care about sony vegas anymore than I care about what destruction ive wrought upon my computer.

Edited by GeorgeCrawford, 01 February 2011 - 03:22 PM.

Advertisements

GeorgeCrawford

GeorgeCrawford

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA HEHEHEHEHEHEH YEAASHSHHSHSHSH YEAAA!

OMG I FIGURED IT OUT TYVM FOR THE HELP MUAH! XOXOXOXO

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts
YMTW

:D

jovilicious

jovilicious

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey.. I'm having the same problem..
Could you possibly help me out and tell me what you did to fix your problem?
Thanks