Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Choppy video on External HDD

• Please log in to reply

MustangMafia

MustangMafia

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have quite a few videos on my WD 2TB external HDD, I started experiencing my problem on monday. When I try to watch videos off of my Ext. HDD, the video becomes choppy. At times so choppy it is unbearable to watch. I am also experiencing slow data transfer speeds. I am running Win 7 Ult. 64 Bit. with 4 GB Ram, AMD Phenom II X4 940 Pro. 3.00 GHz and a 750 GB HDD for my main drive. I am not sure what to do, Would a disk reformat solve my problem after the data transfer? or something else? any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Advertisements

A Train

A Train

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
Is it formatted to NTSC or FAT32?

MustangMafia

MustangMafia

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
NTSC

MustangMafia

MustangMafia

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok guys I hate to say this but windows has finally told me the problem, My HDD is failing, but that wasn't until i took it out of the external case assy. and installed as internal. "The follwing hard disks are reporting failure: WDC WD2001FASS-00W2B0 ATA Device

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
:D I really hate when that happens. Especially with a fairly new drive.