Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Long time no see everyone! :)

• Please log in to reply

Icedrake

Icedrake

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Hey guys! I don't know if any of you still remember me, but I was here a few years ago and I was enrolled in GeekU. I decided to drop by today, and boy, the forums sure have changed since the last time I was here.

What's new about me? Got an awesome new Windows 7 computer that I've been fiddling around with, and my life is going pretty nicely. :D

One question: Does TFC by OldTimer run on Windows 7? :D

Another question that I just came up with: How is the SoftwareDistribution folder in Windows 7? Is it still okay to flush it, and if so, how do you do it in Windows 7? I used Dial-A-Fix in Windows Xp, but it doesn't work here.

Edited by Icedrake, 01 February 2011 - 07:51 PM.

Advertisements

Icedrake

Icedrake

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Ha, I guess no one remembers me. Good to know. :D

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I'm afraid I don't remember you, but welcome back! You probably would receive a better response in the Windows 7 forum, so I'm going to move this there.

Regarding, TFC by OldTimer it is compatible with Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit.

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for the SoftwareDistribution folder, but in general Win7 does a very good job of caching, I wouldn't worry about emptying any folders (other than temp).

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I do recognise the username, if that makes you feel any better. :D

Disruption

Disruption

Geek in Training

• GeekU Freshman
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
TFC is indeed compatible with Windows 7.
The other question should be answered with someone more experienced.