Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Converting WMV films onto my iPod Touch

• Please log in to reply

Simondo

Simondo

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hello =]

I've just got my ipod touch and its costing me a bloomin' fortune getting songs etc. I was wondering if I could convert the movies on my PC into the correct format then put them on my iPod?

Also and I dont know if I'm over stepping my mark. Is there anywhere I can get some free music from iTunes? I've spent alot so far :/

Thanks

Simon

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
I use Handbrake to do my conversions. As for the "free" music, unfortunately, that's illegal and against the terms of use for this forum.

Edited by Spyderturbo007, 02 February 2011 - 07:15 AM.

Simondo

Simondo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hello!

Thanks for the reply. I do apologise about the free music. I wasn't too sure whether I was over steeping my boundaries asking that, clearly I was. I guess I'll keep on spending! I hope this doesnt affect my standing in the community (Not that I have any anyway :D)

Many thanks anyway for the Handbrake suggestion I'll give it a go.

Simon.

x

Simondo

Simondo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
It keeps on throwing out an error roughly like "Unhandled error if you click continue blah blah..."
Any ideas?

Simondo

Simondo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Seems liek everytime I click a new page I get a different error :D

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Can you be a little more specific? For example, do you get the error when trying to download the program, or when you attempt to install? Or is this when you're going from tab to tab within the program?

Simondo

Simondo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Haha your right, sorry that was incredibly breif! I actually uninstalled it because I didnt think you were going to reply. I'm actually incredibly busy with work and the gym for the next few days so I'll install it again sometime and upload some screenshots for you.

Thanks alot for your time I really appreciate it.

Simon

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Yeah, sorry about the delay. I'm only online during the day and sometimes I don't get a chance to hit all the forums I'm a member of these days. I try to take the weekends off too. Car forums, AV forums, this forum, etc. I administer one of them, which sometimes feel like a full time job.

Whenever you get time is fine with me. I'll help you to the best of my ability until I run out of suggestions. If that happens, I can either refer you to another tech here, or another forum if they run out of suggestions. Either way, we'll get you fixed up somehow. :D

Edited by Spyderturbo007, 07 February 2011 - 07:28 AM.