Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot Uninstall Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.4.0

• Please log in to reply

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
My adult step-son that should know better ;) :D :D came over today and used my computer without permission to download and install some programs. I was unaware of it until I got home from work 15 minutes ago and found an unrecognized icon in my system tray.

This is what he downloaded and installed on my computer. The icon in the system tray is for Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.4.0 . Under the "start" button, "all programs" there are two new programs listed. One is Elaborate Bytes and the other is SlySoft.

Both programs offer an uninstall option, but when I select that option to remove the programs, I get the following message:

Problem with Shortcut
"The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Uninstall.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again."

I went to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel and did not find either Elaborate Bytes or SlySoft listed. I did find Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.4.0 though. Tried to uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs and got this message:

"An error occurred while trying to remove VirtualCloneDrive. You do not have access to H:\VirtualCloneDrive\vcd-uninst.exe . You can specify the new uninstall program below."

"Command line for the uninstall program:"

Here is some system information that may be helpful.

System:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2

Computer:
Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.06GHz
3.07 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

I appreciate any help you folks can give me.

Advertisements