Google/Yahoo Redirect, Sluggish Computer
Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:00 PM
Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:31 PM
- Malware removal is a sometimes lengthy and tedious process. Please stick with the thread until I’ve given you the “All clear.” Absence of symptoms does not mean your machine is clean!
- Please do not run any scans or install/uninstall any applications without being directed to do so.
- Any light blue colored text in my posts indicates a clickable link.
- If you have any questions at all, please stop and ask before proceeding.
- Disable any script blocking protection (How to Disable your Security Programs)
- Double click DDS icon to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run)
- When done, DDS.txt will open.
- After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.
- Save both reports to your desktop.
- Post the contents of the DDS.txt report in your next reply
- Attach the Attach.txt report to your post by scroling down to the Attachments area and then clicking Browse. Browse to where you saved the file, and click Open and then click UPLOAD.
- Double click the exe file. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent .
- If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.
Click the image to enlarge it
- In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
- Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
- Show All (don't miss this one)
- Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
- Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
- Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and post it in reply.
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries
If you have trouble running GEMR:
- Make sure that your security software is disabled
- Uncheck the box next to "Files" this time also
- If you still can't run it, try in the Safe Mode
- DDS.txt and Attach.txt logs
- GMER log
Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:21 AM
Thank you for your help.
Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:14 AM
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users