Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

stop : 0X0000007B

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

woods003

woods003

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
My wife's computer will not boot. She stated that she was using the computer and went to load and adobe file in IE and received an error and IE crashed she finally rebooted and every time we reboot now the error

**** stop: 0X0000007B (0xF78C2534,0Xc0000034,0X00000000,0X00000000) appears on the BSD. I have been reading about this error and it implies that the system has lost access to the system partition. When I start the computer in safe mode it is able to load lots of drivers. The last driver it loads before the failure is aqpcpq.sys, so I don't think it can't find the system partition. I have run chkdsk /r on the system disk. Even though the BSD says to run chkdsk /F the version of chkdsk I am runing does not have that option. I am running it from XP install disk in recovery mode. I have also downloaded AVG rescue and run it. There was 2 trojans found and I followed the process but this did not help the issue either. Don't know what the next step I should take is. There are documents that state that this error could be related to a virus but I would have expected AVG to find it.

Any help would be appreicated as far as what next steps I should take.

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

Disruption

Disruption

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hi,
There is no need to post this twice. Just use your older post and just follow directions listed there.

The location of that thread can be found here: http://www.geekstogo...top-0x0000007b/

Kind Regards,
Disruption

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This topic closed for duplication.