Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

system keeps rebooting, cant run chkdsk

• Please log in to reply

dakota5369

dakota5369

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i think i am screwed. i am stuck in a boot loop, so my computer wont start. i cant run in safe mode, last good config, etc. it keeps going back to the beginning screen. i am able to get to a blue screen where i see stop 0x00000024 error. which means some file nfts is corrupted.

here is the problems.

1. i am computer stupid
2. i dont have the sony discs to repair
3. i am broke and cant afford to pay anyone

so the reboot issue, from what i have read involves either reseating things plugged in. problem is i dont know what people are talking about when they say to pull this out or reseat the bios, etc. this is the first time i have ever looked inside a computer. they also say to do the disc, but like i said, i dont have it.

when i google about the stop number, all the methods for correct it seem to involve running a chkdsk. but i cant do that because there is no way to get there, my computer keeps rebooting.

so it seems the first thing i want to do is run the chkdsk. does anyone know if there is a way to do this from my situation_ and if you reply, please talk to me like you would a child. computer talk flies right over my head. thanks

windows xp-sony vaio

Advertisements