Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Regular BSOD on boot up.

• Please log in to reply

Seltox

Seltox

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Hi,
My system:

Motherboard: abit IP-35 Pro
Video: XFX Alpha Dog 8800GT
PSU: Corsair HX-620
CPU: Pentium D 945 or 950 (not sure)
RAM: 2GB (2x 1GB sticks) Corsair DDR2 in Dual Channel

Now, the problem.. Sometimes when I start up Windows, right after I log into my user, i'll get a Blue screen which will say something along the lines of "Dumping physical memory to disk". It happens rather quickly so I can't remember exactly what it says. This doesn't happen all the time, and i'm able to just restart and my computer is fine, which is why I haven't been too concerned about it. But, it does happen maybe 2-3 times a week.

When my PC has started back up, it has a "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown" window, and has these codes:

BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFFA800680C000
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF80002CBF4FA
BCP4: 0000000000000000

Any ideas on what causes this? Whether I should be worried/how to fix it?

Cheers,
Seltox

Advertisements

Jordi Ruiz

Jordi Ruiz

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi Seltox,

Without the message of the BSOD it's difficult to discover the problem of the error.
A few month ago I repair a computer with a similar problem, it restart randomly after a BSOD. The problem with that computer was a bad RAM module.
You can try to extract one RAM module, if the problem persist put this module another time and extract the other module. In my opinion this could solve your problem.
I wait your answer. Bye.