Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Music creating software

• Please log in to reply

Reactor

Reactor

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Welcome, people!

Anyone feels himself home at music? I am looking for a software or program, which creates MP3 music from a MIDI file using various sound fonts (.SF2 files for example), without the necessity of triggering 500000000 useless functions to manage this. Anyone knows such software?

Oh, and forget TiMidity++ - it is the biggest piece of turd I have EVER seen...

Edited by Reactor, 03 February 2011 - 03:30 PM.

Advertisements

Reactor

Reactor

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
OK, I got Band-in-a-box 2010 version...you call THAT easy? It has 10000000000000 functions, most of them are totally Chinese for me (I can't even understand what they are for). I can't seem to find, however, how can this software develop an MP3 file from a MIDI, using sound fonts. This is what is important.

Sure it can develop a MIDI completely untouched, but I can do that with a simple sound recording software...where is that function?