Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer wont start.

• Please log in to reply

-LastRESORT

-LastRESORT

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
When I try to start my computer it starts up and then says do you want to setup XP or run Windows XP and i click Setup windows XP because I just recently got a new mother board, processor, and ram for my computer. When I click setup it says checking system and then goes to the blue screen and then it comes up as install windows. So i click on that and then it says There is not a CD-ROM drive. I have checked all of my cables and they are conected right and the light turns on when i start my computer. I was wondering if I can get my computer to recognize my CD-ROM. I dont know if it has something to do with my BIOS or what. I would really like it if someone could help me get this working.

Thanks
-LastRESORT

Advertisements

-LastRESORT

-LastRESORT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
When I start my computer it comes to the windows setup and then I press install windows. Then a message comes up on the other screen and says

"Setup cannot find a CD-ROM derive.

Make sure your cCD-ROM is on and properly connected to your computer. If it is a SCSI
devices are properly terminated.See your computer or SCSI ada[ter documetaion for more information.

Setup cannotcontinue. Press F3 to quit setup."

Then I press F3 and it restarts and then I check my cables again and it takes me threw the same process and I have checked the cables 3 times. Changed the cable and I have tryed 3 different CD-ROM drives.

Is there anything that I can do to get this to work?

Edited by -LastRESORT, 27 May 2005 - 06:11 PM.