Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:30 PM
Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:40 PM
Here is a good article which should answer your question, and more, > http://www.tomshardw...-crossfire-faqs
You would have to also check that the PSU, has enough PCI-e connectors delivering enough amperage for duel card setup.
Edited by iammykyl, 05 February 2011 - 05:41 PM.
Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:02 PM
Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:48 AM
Minimum System Requirements
- CPU with processor speed of 1GHz or higher
- 256MB of RAM
- Microsoft Windows XP
- CD or DVD-ROM drive
- 35MB available hard disk space (50MB for full installation)
- A 350W PCI Express compliant system power supply (with 12V current rating of 22A or more)
- A PCI Express compliant motherboard
- A vacant X16 PCI Express slot
- Two available hard disk drive power dongles (smaller floppy disk drive connector is not sufficient)
- A PCI Express supplementary power connector
NOTE: For two GeForce 7900 GS-based graphics cards running in NVIDIA SLI configurations, a minimum 450W system power supply (with 12V rating of 28A) is recommended. Visit www.slizone.com
Don't know if you connected the card with the supplied Dongle or you used the PCI-e connector.
The PSU has enough watts but not sure about the amps.
Install the second card and let us know how it goes.
Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:05 AM
Exactly. Your PSU has 2 PCI-Express power connectors and 40A on the 12V rails, so you're good to go.
or would they just run at the speed of the slower card?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users