Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wrapper for Parallels Report Eror Message

• Please log in to reply

Chuffer2

Chuffer2

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi

I am new to this forum and hope that someone might be able to help with an error message which appears randomly - usually on booting up but tonight appeared while I was going through my 300+ emails which had built up whilst I was away. The error message reads - Wrapper for Parallels Report has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I am running Window XP x32 Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build:2600) AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200 with a Sapphire Radeon x800 video card. I have asked our computing people at work about this and they haven't seen this before. There seems to be a thought that it might be left over from a software program I deleted at sometime. Could this be related to a problem when booting up sometimes it takes ages for the computer to get to the stage when I can use it, yet other times it boots up very quickly. I have, since last December, installed AVG PC Tune Up so clear out the registry on a weekly basis and this seems to keep the computer running at a reasonable speed. I've also, in January, switched from AVG Antivirus Free Edition to Avast Antivirus Free Edition. The error message was appearing before this change though. Any suggestions on what this error message would be most welcomed.

Regards.

Chuffer2

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
I think the Wrapper for Parallels Report is a part of Acronis backup software.

Run OTL (step 2 in http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/) and post (Copy and Paste) both logs. That will elt me see what is going on.

1. Please download the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso
http://images.malwar...om/vino/VEW.exe
and save it to your Desktop:
2. Double-click VEW.exe
3. Under 'Select log to query', select:

* System
4. Under 'Select type to list', select:
* Error
* Warning

Then use the 'Number of events' as follows:

1. Click the radio button for 'Number of events'
Type 20 in the 1 to 20 box
Then click the Run button.
Notepad will open with the output log.

Please post the Output log in your next reply then repeat but select Application.

Ron

Chuffer2

Chuffer2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi Ron,

Many thanks for your response, it is really apprecited. It is really interesting that you have picked up the problem may be associated with Acronis True Image as I recently have been having problems with this program but didn't connect that this was anything to do with the error message I have been getting.

The problem with the program is that I upgraded to True Image Home 2010 (TIH)in May last year from the basic program which came with a 500GB Seagate External Drive I bought in January to use as a backup just in case anything went wrong with the internal drive. In TIH I set up Non-stop Backup to backup any work but when the disk became full the Clean Up utility in the program wouldn't work. I joined the Acronis Forum and posted the problem but apart from a response to leave the computer running overnight to see if the utility would work I didn't get any response.

In the end I sent a personal message direct to the Acronis Forum Moderator and have received a reply offering me a free upgrade to TIH 2011. He has advised me to uninstall both the original program which came with the Seagate drive (I think this automatically happened when I bought the online upgrade) and TIH 2010. Would you advise going down this route first rather than following the solution you posted?

Regards.

Chuffer 2 (Nigel)

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Sounds like a good deal to me. I'd go ahead and try the upgrade and see if that helps. If not you can always come back.

Ron

Chuffer2

Chuffer2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi Ron,

Will do. I'll ley you know what the outcome is although it might be few days as I work through the instructions I have been given by Acronis.

Regards.

Chuffer2

Chuffer2

Chuffer2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi Ron,
Well I downloaded and installed the upgrade a few days ago. Since then the error message has not appeared and everything seems to be working fine. I am really grateful for the help you have given to me in resolving this problem. Regards. Chuffer2

VANBELLEJeanMarc

VANBELLEJeanMarc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The error can come from an Acronis version that is already installed on other PC's/clients. I have the version with 3 clients-license, and when I installed it on a forth PC in the kitchen room, it asked me to transfer one license.

After that I got the error on this PC, even when I kept this license. A re-install will solve the problem, I presume. If not, I will mention the solution in a couple of minutes here!

VAN BELLE Jean Marc, Bellegoed, Bellegem, Belgium (Europe), [email protected]